A Quarter Carrot
- 1.5 oz Tequilla (Casa Dragones Blanco)
- .5 oz Gum Syrup
- .25 oz Carrot Juice
- .25 oz Lime Juice
- A Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Cocktail Glass
- 5 Minutes
- Peel and cut 1 large carrott and put it in the blender.
- Add ~1/8 of a cup of water.
- Blend for a minute or so on medium.
- Squeeze in a cheese cloth to get out as much juice as possible.
- Combine with other ingredients, shake, strain and stir.
- Top with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
In preparation for Thanksgiving we bulk bought carrots and immediately started thinking about what cocktails we could make with fresh pressed juice. We started tinkering with lime, carrot and tequila and after a bit of experimentation we found proper proportions to create a balanced, tasty cocktail.
We don't drink a ton of tequilla at home, and only have some pretty nice stuff hanging around. We went with Casa Dragones Blanco Tequilla, which I don't highly recommend for practicing. It's a deliciously subtle tequilla, and made for a well balanced drink.
We went with Small Hands Foods Gum Syrup for the recipe, but if you don't have access to that Serious Eats has a guide on creating your own. If you're looking for some more inspiring carrot cocktail drinks check these out.