Clarified Peat Punch
- 2 oz Peaty Islay Scotch (Laphroaig Triple Wood)
- .5 oz Drambuie
- .75 oz Clarified Milk (3:1)
- 2 Dashes Walnut Bitters (Bitter Queen Chocolate Walnut Bitters)
- Cocktail Glass
- 5-10 minutes active
- 30 minutes - 24 hours inactive (waiting)
- To make the clarified milk, mix lemon juice and whole milk in a glass mixing bowl and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- Strain clarified milk and store in the fridge.
- Add clarified milk and other ingredients to shaker.
- Stir and strain into a glass with a mega clarified ice cube.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.
At the request of an instagram user leighton_bagley we mixed up a new clarified milk cocktail, this one featuring peaty Laphroaig Triple Wood as the base spirit and subbing Drambuie for Banana Liqueur. We’re big fans of clarified milk, and it’s really not as hard to use in a cocktail as you might think. While it takes an hour or two to get clarified milk, most of the time is waiting, and active time is only around ten minutes-ish. To learn more about making clarified milk, check out our article.
This has got to be one of our favorite recent creations. There’s a wonderful interplay between the the peaty smoke and the creamy milk protein. It took a bit of tinkering to get the balance right, but walnut bitters evened out the taste (otherwise, it can get a touch too sweet without).
Butter cookies and sage
Interesting plant-based menu. Good cocktails but a bit more like an upscale hotel bar than a destination.
A once in a lifetime chance. “Orange silk on a leather couch”
All hail peat
Blood and Sand but better. Way better.
Sfumato and rye-based boozy cocktail
Bourbon tiki-like cocktail
Steeped in tradition. A seat at the actual bar would be amazing, but we didn’t get one.
Fun and fruity hookah
I’d rather take the black. Johnny Walker Black that is.