- 1.75 oz Lightly Peated Scotch (Compass Box Great King Street)
- .25 oz Yellow Chartreuse
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .25 oz 2:1 Honey Syrup
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Barspoon of Ardbeg
- .1 oz Saline Solution
- Cocktail Glass
- 3 Minutes
- Make honey syrup by combining 2 oz honey with 1 oz water and stirring until dissolved.
- Muddle 4 cherry tomatoes.
- Add in all ingredients except Ardbeg.
- Shake and strain into cocktail glass.
- Float a barspoon of Uigeadail
- Garnish with a cherry tomato.
A few months ago we bought an Aerogarden. These tiny hydroponic gardens are awesome for city dwelling folk. After growing more herbs than we could use in a lifetime, we decided to get something more practical and we bought tomato pods. A ton of water, a few dash of nutrients, and a few months later we had a thriving tomato garden.
The Onomatopeata came out of a desire to do something with our new tomato wealth, and with peaty scotch.
We revved on the drink a few times before arriving at a recipe that works.